Study Permit Extension

Study permit canada

The expiry date on your study permit tells you when you have to stop studying and leave Canada. You can find the expiry date in the top right corner of your permit. This date is usually the length of your study program, plus 90 days. The extra 90 days gives you time to prepare to leave Canada or to extend your stay in Canada.

  • If you want to keep studying

    You need to extend your study permit. To extend your study permit, you need to know:

    • When to apply
      • Apply for a study permit extension at least 30 days before your study permit expires, if you want to keep studying in Canada.
    • How to apply
      • Including what you need to apply online, instruction guide and how to apply online.
    • What to do if your permit expired
      • If your study permit expires and you want to stay in Canada and study, you’ll need to apply
        • for a new study permit
        • to restore your status as a temporary resident
    • What happens if you travel outside Canada
      • Including documents you need to re-enter Canada

    If you want to stay in Canada but you’re no longer studying

    You have a few options—you can

    • apply for a work permit, if you finished studying and are eligible
    • apply to change your status and stay in Canada as a visitor or
    • leave Canada

    If your study permit expires and you haven’t applied for an extension, you must leave Canada.

Study Permit Extension

A student can not study if his/her study permit expires. Sometimes study permit expires before the completion of the course in this case it is very important to extend study permit before the date of its expiry. The application is done online. Recommended to apply 30 days prior the expiry of the current permit.


Documents Required

  • Passport (front, visa stamp & last page)
  • All Permits – Current Study Permit, Previous Study permit (if any), and Co-op Work Permit (if any)
  • Passport size photo with white color background
  • Marriage certificate (if married)
  • Letter of Acceptance – Current college
  • Enrollment Letter – current college
  • Official fees receipt/Accountant statement- current college
  • Official Transcript from current college
  • Transcripts from the previous college (if any)
  • Bank Statement – Bank portfolio or summary that states all accounts/ bank balance certificate. Balance recommended – $5000 minimum
  • Completely filled information sheet (CW office will provide)
  • Use of representative form (CW office will provide)
  •  Credit Card detail form (CW office will provide)

About Us

CW International is equipped with highly well-qualified staff and experienced immigration professionals.

Winnipeg Office (Head Office)

Address : 1991 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3H 0J7, Canada

Ontario Office

Address: 202-280 Derry Road W, Mississauga Ontario L5W1N6

Mohali Office

Address: Scf 101, Level 2, Phase 10, Sector 64, Mohali, Punjab 160062

1, 588 total views,  2 views today

Enter Your Query